Friday 9 July 2021

REFLECTED GLORY

She sits before the mirror

Head inclined

Fine brown hair falls off her shoulders

Cascading down one side

The evening sun shimmering on the fine strands

The lustrous skin of her shoulders and back,

Naked but for the slender straps of her dress

Silently invites my caress

Her heady perfume filled the room

Invading my senses like a fragrant garden after summer rain

The fabric of her dress hugs the wondrous contours I know so well

In the mirror her hazel eyes look back at me

As she sees me watching her

And knowing my thoughts her reflection smiles

And at its radiance my heart soars

Making me don’t want her

I ask why she loves me

I just thank God for her

For her elegant beauty

And for the greater beauty inside

This evening I must share her

But later she will be mine alone

So, for now I bath in the reflected glory of her 

No comments:

Post a Comment