Friday 10 March 2023

FLORENCE

 

It was to be another business dinner

Another fabulous restaurant

Another expensive meal,

Or should I say “dining experience”

At someone else’s expense

This time a Paris nightspot

Of great renown

But more boring business talk

More boring company

But then quelle surprise

Out of the blue and quite unexpected

Une jeune fille

How pretty she was

La belle fille

With huge brown eyes

And long dark hair

Une petite fille

Her name was Florence

The niece of our host

Only in Paris for one night

And did we mind if she joined us?

As if we would mind

A bunch of boring business men

Or a bunch of boring business men

And a beautiful young woman

No contest to my mind,

I was besotted by this beautiful creature

When the waiter came

The American next to me

Ordered a steak, well done

“And for you monsieur?”

“I’ll take her, any way she comes”

Fortunately I only said it in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment