Monday 22 August 2022

DECEMBER RESPITE

 

It was a cold and grey December day

With a biting wind that took your breath away

My errands run I headed towards the pub

Where I took refuge in the saloon bar

I made myself comfortable beside the fire

And prepared to get on the outside of a large brandy

My eyes were drawn to the centre of the room

Where sat a striking strawberry blonde

She was sitting with her legs crossed

A pen in one hand a drink in the other

She was concentrating on something

A crossword clue or perhaps a Sudoku

And her bottom lip pursed slightly downward

Almost like a wilting pink rose petal

Then her eye kind of crinkled up

That combined with a slight inclination of her head

Gave me the impression she was confused

I assumed over what she was studying

Then I noticed a flash of golden light in her hair

As if her strawberry curls had ignited

But a shaft of sunlight had burst through the grey December skies

And I realised the sun had made her squint

This in turn screwed up her nose

Then caused her to sneeze

And she sneezed quite indelicately

Then again and again

This fit of sneezing had an added interest to me

As apart from the obvious effects

The shaft of sunlight had rendered her blouse transparent

And each sneeze caused her breasts to rearrange themselves

Within her non-existent blouse

And her sneezing fit had taken on a more sensual quality

But alas all too soon the sneezing stopped

But I’m pleased to say her breathing had not

And I watched with fascination

As with each subsequent breath she took 

Her breasts reshaped themselves inside her bra

She was blissfully unaware that her blouse was now translucent

And that each adjustment she made to her straps

Served only to more sharply define her assets

But all good things must come to an end

And thanks to a thoughtless cloud

The sunlight was snuffed out

It had been a most pleasant respite

Studying her most wondrous topography

It’s amazing how the little things in life

Can brighten up the dullest of winter days

It may have been an un-gentlemanly thing to do

Ungallant I suppose not to have averted my gaze

But she only had herself to blame

On a cold and grey December day

She should have been wearing a vest

No comments:

Post a Comment